Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why I Drink XanGo

I used to get migraines all the time. I have suffered with them on a regular basis for as far back as I can remember... well at least since my early 20's. In the "old days" if I had the slightest hint that one was coming I had better not be too far from home because I wouldn't be able to drive far before it really hit. I would definitely be home for the next day or so in a completely dark room with no noise allowed as whatever medication I had at the time really didn't work so I would not be having a good time, for sure!
After many years of suffering with the heavy barbituates available for the migraine pain, a new class of drug came to market. This one focused on blood vessels and serotonin levels, or something to that effect. All I know is that they were very expensive, and I couldn't leave home without them. They worked much better than anything I had taken before, but I still got migraines regularly. Sometimes I had to take 2 or 3 of those expensive pills in a 24 hour period (ka-ching) but at least I had some relief. There were definitely side effects from the pills though, which I didn't like.
Just over a year ago I was introduced to a whole fruit puree mangosteen juice called XanGo that not only tasted delicious, but was being touted as a natural antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and a pain inhibitor. I started taking the juice purely for its antioxidant properties as I try to be proactive about my health. As there is a lot of buzz about mangosteen in the health and wellness industry these days I thought it was worth a try. I had read that the phytonutrients called xanthones, unique to this fruit in such quantity (over 40), had many health benefits. I really didn't think it would do anything for my migraines, and I continued to carry my medication with me always.
Four months into taking Xango, I realized that I hadn't had a migraine. Wow! That was very unusual, and was very exciting to me. I began to monitor my migraines from then on, and while I have had a couple here and there (usually because I have pushed the limit on lack of sleep, too much stimulation, or too much chocolate), they have not been nearly as severe as pre-XanGo, and they have been few and far between. Sometimes if I notice signs of a possible migraine coming I take an extra shot of XanGo and it goes away. This juice is truly a godsend... and has no side effects.

For more information about this juice or to compare migraine stories, write to me at janice@boostyourhealth.net

No comments: